This is a tutorial showing how to secure the Stuff Sack Harness for a bombproof mountain bike setup. The trick is to find the right size stuff sack so that it will rest on your suspension fork (may work with some rigid forks as well). The Oval Dry Bags can be rotated to get different dimensions. Measure the distance from the bottom of your handlebars to the top of your fork crown and match that to either one of the base dimensions. Then, you will need three things:
- Foam spacers (I use three 1/2" thick cross-linked polyethylene cut into 8" x 1" strips)
- Back-to-back velcro
- Voile strap
Let me know if you need any of these things via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Velcro the foam spacers onto your handlebars about 1" in from each edge. This is where the attachment points will be.
2. Lace Voile strap through the Stuff Sack Harness (make sure the Voile logo faces down)
3. Strap on Stuff Sack Harness and Dry Bag (note cable routing)
4. Wrap Voile strap around fork crown.
Thats it! Still plenty of suspension travel clearance on this setup with a 10L Oval Dry Bag.
Here's another example with the smaller 5L Dry Bag rotated to get the right height
Hope this was helpful! Let me know in the comments below.